Professor Dr. Shaikh Aftab Anwar
Principal, Poona College of Art, Science and Commerce, Camp, Pune 411001 (MS) INDIA
Head, Department of Commerce Post Graduate & Research Center
Email ID: email@example.com 4
Contact: +91 9822621579
Personal Website: www.dranwarshaikh.com
Poona College initiated its noble journey way back in the year 1970 when the Anjuman Khairul Islam Trust of Mumbai felt the need for educational endeavours especially for the underprivileged and the educationally deprived. Thereafter over the years, it has gradually gained momentum, phenomenal enough to recognize itself as an established seat of learning. The College is affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University, recognized by the University Grants Commission under Section 2(f) and 12[B] and was conferred by a prestigious ‘A’ Grade on being accredited by the National Accreditation and Assessment Council (NAAC), Bangalore.
The College is a recognized Research center of the Savitribai Phule Pune University for M.Phil. and Ph.D. in the faculties of Commerce, Chemistry and Economics with full-fledged degree courses and Post Graduate Centers in Computer Science, Electronics, Organic Chemistry, English, Economics, Urdu and Commerce. Apart from this, it also offers professional courses of B.B.A, B.C.A, B.Sc. (Computer Science) and M.Sc.(Computer Science). Gradually it has expanded on a national as well as global scale with student enrollment exceeding 6000 every year, and has become a favoured destination for education seekers from all Indian States particularly the North-East and from over 50 countries abroad.
The College prides itself by possessing a rare distinction of having a highly qualified, dedicated and enthusiastic staff with doctorates constituting a half while a quarter as M.Phil. qualified. In addition to conventional teaching, more stress is laid on imbibing moral and ethical characters, career planning and guidance, sports and co-curricular activities such as NCC, NSS and Sports.
Dr. Shaikh Aftab Anwar Profile Summary
- Dr. Shaikh Aftab Anwar, M.Com; MBA; Ph.D (Business Administration) is an educationist, researcher, social activist and a transformational leader. He has more than 25 years of teaching, research, consultancy, executive education and industry experience. He was nominated as ‘Senate Member’ of Savitribai Phule Pune University by the Governor of Maharashtra. He is also member of various boards and committees of Savitribai Phule Pune University.
- He has also worked as Director of Poona Institute of Management Science and Entrepreneurship.
- Dr. Shaikh is also Member of several Educational and Professional Bodies in India and abroad. Presently he is President of Indo Global Chamber of Commerce, Industries and Agriculture.
- He has been accorded with several prestigious awards including ‘National Youth Award’ by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India, and ‘Prof. G. B. Kulkarni Award for Best Teacher in Commerce’ by the University of Pune.
- He is Ph. D. and M.Phil Research Guide of Savitribai Phule Pune University, Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth and Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University,Aurangabad. 24 students have completed Ph.D and 16 students have completed M.Phil. under his guidance.
- Dr. Shaikh’s Ph.D. Thesis ‘Designing a systems approach to Human Resource Management in the Cooperative Federations in Maharashtra’ was adjudged as the ‘Best Ph.D thesis in Cooperative Management’ by the Indian Society for Studies in Cooperation, and was also conferred with the ‘Rao Bahadur Talmaki Award’.
- Dr. Shaikh has authored several books and published research papers and articles in refereed National and International Journals and presented papers in international conferences.
- As a Social entrepreneur, Dr. Shaikh has established and run the organizations from scratch. He also offers advice to upcoming Educational Institutions and IT Education sector. He is a motivational speaker, Result-focused and effectual leader.
- He has extensively traveled to countries like China, Iran, Malaysia, Thailand Singapore Oman, UAE (Dubai, Abu Dhabi), Fiji, Kingdom of Tonga, Sri Lanka and Nepal.
Fathers Name: SHAIKH MAQBOOL HUSAIN
|Exam. Passed||Name of the Institution/University||Year of Passing|
|Ph.D (Business Administration)**||University of Pune||December, 1992|
|MBA||Prist University, Thanjavur-613 403, Tamilnadu||September, 2011|
|M.Com||Ness Wadia College of Commerce. University of Pune||June, 1987|
|B.Com||Ness Wadia College of Commerce. University of Pune||June, 1985|
|** Ph.D Thesis: Designing a Systems Approach to Human Resource Management in the State Level Cooperative Federations in Maharashtra. |
Ph.D Degree Awarded in December 1992 (exempted from NET/SET)
COMPUTER LITERACY : Passed MS-CIT course, in July-2005 (MSBTE, Government of Maharashtra.)
Teaching Experience : More than 25 years – Taught B.Com, M.Com, MBA and M.Phil. Joined Poona College as Lecturer in the Department of Commerce on 12th August, 1993.
Administrative Experience : (More than 4 years)
- 2 years Approved Director at Poona Institute of Management Sciences and Entrepreneurship, Camp, Pune-411001. (16th August 2007 to 1st August, 2009)
- 2 years 2 months and 24 days Approved Principal at Poona College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Camp, Pune-411001. (1st August, 2009 to 24th October, 2011)
Research Experience: 25 Years
- Admitted for Ph.D (Busi. Admn) in February, 1988. Ph.D degree obtained in December, 1992.
- M.Phil Research Guide since 10-03-1997.
- M.Phil Research Guide since 10-03-1997.
- Ph.D Research Guide since 22-04-1998.
- M.Phil/ Ph.D Research Guide in Business Admin. University of Pune letter No. BUTR/Com/603-30 dt. 07/05/2007
- M.Phil/ Ph.D Research Guide in Business Practice, University of Pune letter No. BUTR/Com/603-2 dt. 07/05/2007
- 24 Students have been awarded Ph.D and 16 students have been awarded M.Phil Presently 7 Students are doing Ph.D & 2 students are doing M.Phil
- Worked as NSS Programme Officer in Poona College for more than 10 years.
- Ex-Senate Member – University of Pune.
(Nominated by Governor of Maharashtra Hon. K. Sankarnarayanan)
- Ex-Member – Faculty of Commerce, University of Pune.
- Ex-Member – 32(5) Committee
- Ex-Member – Board of Studies in Statistics and Computer Application Board, University of Pune.
- Served as Resource Person and delivered more than 300 lectures on Business Entrepreneurship, Self-Employment, Soft Skills, Goal Setting, Self Help Groups and Competitive Examinations.
- Wrote several Research papers in referred National and International Journals.
Editor in chief
- International Journal of Business, Management and Social Sciences (IJBMSS) (ISSN 2249-7463)
- International Journal of Humanities and Environmental Issues (IJHEI) (ISSN 2277-9329)
Editor of Conference proceedings
- National Seminar on Business Process Innovation through Advanced Information Technology (ISBN: 978-81-921191-0-6)
- National Seminar on Recent Trends in Service Sector w.s.r. to Insurance and Banking Sector (ISBN: 978-81-921191-1-3)
- Biannual International Conference on Contemporary Issues in Management and Technology (ISBN: 978-81-921739-1-7)
- International Conference on Recent Trends in Business, Management and IT ( 6 ISBN Volumes)
Extensively traveled to countries like China, Iran, Oman, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Fiji, Tonga, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Thailand and Singapore.
- Indian Society for Studies in Co-operation
- Indian Adult Education Association
- Institute of Personal Management and Industrial Relations, Chandigrah
- United Writers Association of India, Madras
- Indian Academy of Social Sciences, Allahabad
- All India Commercial Association, New Delhi
- Indian Commerce Association
- Academic Evaluation Committee, NIHRD, Madras
- National Export Programmes, Bareilly
- Computer Society of India (CSI)
Honours and Awards Conferred (Educational)
- Best Educator Award at the World Management Congress 2011, presented on 29th December, 2011 at India International Centre, New Delhi for appreciating the outstanding contribution in the areas of educational planning and administration
- Prof. G.B. Kulkarni Award for Best Teacher in Commerce (10th February, 2007) instituted by University of Pune (Rs.1,000/- and a Memento)
- Appreciation Award for ‘Inculcating Entrepreneurship in students’ (14th March, 2006) (Centre for Management Research and Development, MITCON & Entrepreneurs’ International
- Best Teacher Award – 2005 (Rotary Club of Pune Chandannagar)
- Best NSS Programme Officer Award (District Level) 2001-02, NSS Department, University of Pune
- Ideal Teacher Award – 2000 (Lions Club of Pune Anand)
- Rao Bahadur Talmaki Award – 1997 (Rs. 1,000) All India Level Award for Best Ph.d Thesis in Cooperative Management (Indian Society for Studies in Cooperation)
- Ideal Teacher Award – 1996 (Bhartiya Jain Sangathana, Pune)
- Ideal Teacher Award – 1996 (School Board, Pune Municipal Corporation)
Honours and Awards Conferred (Social)
- Alma Award-2011, ALMA International NGO 25th September, 2011
- Mother Teresa Award 2011, Urdu Weekly Awami Rai, 8th March, 2011 at the hands of Dr. Vijay Kumar Gavit, Hon. Cabinet Minister of Medical Education, Govt. of Maharashtra at Mumbai
- Bharat Ratna Maulana Abul Kalam Azad “Pune Ratna Award” (Maharashtra Pratisthan, Pune)
- Honored by Maharashtra Muslim Front on 26th January, 2009
- Zillah Yuva Gaurav, 2008 (Nehru Yuva Kendra, Pune Zone)
- Service Above Self Award – 2003 (Rotary Club of Pune Chandannagar)
- Honoured by Pune Municipal Corporation on 15th August, 1997 (Felicitated at the hands of Mayor of Pune Mrs. Vandana Chavan)
- National Youth Award – 1996-97 (Rs. 10,000) (All India level Award – Ministry of H.R.D., Government of India)
- Jagrut Nagrik Puraskar – 1996 (Presented in 1997) (Mumbai Vritapatra Lekhak Sangh, Mumbai)
- Janjagruti Gourav Puraskar- 1997 (Janjagruti Vichar Manch, Pune)
- Prof. Ram Krishna More Adarsh Yuva Puraskar – 1997 (Rs. 1,000) (Suvarna Samiti Pimpri Chinchwad City)
- Janhitwadi Puraskar – 1997 (Yuva Bharti, Pune)
- Swami Vivekanand Yuva Gourav Puraskar – 1997 (State Level Award) (Vivek Kranti Dal and Vande Mataram Sangathana, Maharashtra)
- Man of the Year Award – 1996 (American Biogriphical Institute, America)
- Outstanding Young Person Award – 1996 (Saras Jaycees, Pune)
- Shiv Chatrapati Yuva Gourav Puraskar – 1996 (Shivanjali Pratisthan, Dapodi)
- Gen. Arun Kuman Vaidya Award – 1992 (Shaheed Gen. Arun Kumar Vaidya Educational Development Centre, Pune)
Biographical Note Included in the following prestigious National and International Who’s Who
- Indo-American Who’s Who – 1994
- Reference India – Biographical Notes on Men and Women of achievement of Today and Tommorrow – 1995.
- Indo- American Who’s Who – 1996
- Dictionary of International Biography, Cambridge, England-1997.
- Who’s Who in the World, New Province, America – 1997
- Research Fellow, American Biographical Institute, America, 1997
- Included in the VIII edition of International Directory of Distinguished Leadership. Published by American Biographical Institute, America, 1997.